Angel Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''You'll learn. It's in your blood.'' Jace Wayland, City of Bones

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mortal Instruments Movie?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flamoria

Flamoria

The Mortal Instruments Movie?  Empty
PostSubject: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 am

I'm going to see it this Saturday with my friend who got me into the books, and I'm wondering if any of you guys have seen it and what your thoughts are on it. I'm certainly going to be up to discussing it. I already had a few problems with the casting choice and from what I have seen of the previews...I'm quite worried it's going to be horrible. I'm going to see Percy Jackson tonight, I read all of those books, and the first movie was a complete disappointment. I get really bummed when they ruin the entire thing.

Also! I have been really wanting to write lately, so if anyone on here has more free time (I know most of you have jobs, school, and other responsibilities. I do not yet have a job, so besides school and homework I won't be super busy. Anyway, if any of you guys would like to RP with me (besides the threads I'm already in) just for fun or whatever, let me know! I'm always up for it (: I have many different characters

Pandora-Warlock
Vikas-Shadowhunter
Isadore-Shadowhunter
Luna-Shadowhunter
Anastasia-Mundane with the sight

I hope you are all having a fantastic summer, mine is about to end here in 4 days so I'm trying to make the best of it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Flamoria

Flamoria

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:44 pm

So I actually ended up seeing it today...completely LOVED Magnus, I wish he would have been shown more. Otherwise..well I will leave it up to you guys for when you see it.
Back to top Go down
Casey
Admin
Casey

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Rose and I saw it yesterday! 
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie! Magnus was fabulous. Simon was my absolute favorite though!
Back to top Go down
https://angelblood.forumotion.com
Flamoria

Flamoria

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 am

I noticed they did a fair amount of things different from the book, but overall I also enjoyed it very much. I thought Simon and Magnus were the best chosen cast wise. I was very very surprised and happy to discover that the cast chosen made me happier when seeing them all in action. I am probably going to see it again tomorrow with my friend still since I went with my other friends yesterday who didn't read the books. (they both thought Jace was hot, he just doesn't do it for me!) But I got one to buy the first book so that made me happy. (:
Back to top Go down
Ashwood

Ashwood

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 am

Saw it with my sister the day it came out. At first I wasn't too overly enthused with Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace because while he is fairly goodlooking and has the blonde locks etc, he just seemed too... Scrawny... For a shadowhunter but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how much that didn't factor in when he was in action. The boy can act, I wasn't worried about that, just was worried I wouldn't be able to take him seriously as Jace fierce Shadowhunter... But I did, it worked.

Also.... I agree Simon was my absolute fav! Of course I've loved him since Misfits <3

Overall I enjoyed it and would probably watch it again. It didn't blow me out of the water like I was hoping, but I didn't hate it either.
Back to top Go down
Flamoria

Flamoria

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah I saw it again last night, my friend and I both agreed it was good but not mind blowing. I mean I liked a lot of what they did, the effects were cool, and there were parts where I was like "Oh neat!" I loved what they did with the demons and silent brothers, and how the werewolves and vampires actually LOOKED like what I imagine them as, ferocious and bloodthirsty.

I was also not happy with Jamie Campbell Bower, I mean I'm not saying he isn't a good looking guy but he was a bit too scrawny and pretty for my tastes. Not what I imagined Jace as. Overall, I was pleased with the movie. It's a movie I would eventually buy and watch. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, I definitely prefer the books (as usual) but I was surprised with how well they did. Nothing was rushed and even if you didn't read the books you would know exactly what was going on.
Back to top Go down
AutumnrainChaos

AutumnrainChaos

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 am

I want to see this movie but sadly I can't lol I should re-read the book before I watch it, but with my luck I won't be seeing it until it comes out on DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaa.lasolistia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments Movie?    The Mortal Instruments Movie?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mortal Instruments Movie?
Page 1 of 1