Angel Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''You'll learn. It's in your blood.'' Jace Wayland, City of Bones

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Humble Beginnings (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GabrielGoldhawk

GabrielGoldhawk

Humble Beginnings (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Although Gabriel had never lived outside of Alicante he was a little underwhelmed by the New York institute. He had been shown in by a young Shadowhunter of whom he didn't catch his name and shown to his room.

The room itself was larger than the one he had occupied in Alicante but lacked décor. It was out of time with its four pillared bed and rocking chair were certainly something that had to go. Gabriel was what they called a modernest, someone who loved the new world and hated lingering in the past. The room also smelt of old furniture, dust and a slight feminine odour lingered, he guessed it must have been its previous occupant but did not want to put in a guess as to how long ago that might have been.

Dropping his two suitcases that were mostly full with his fighting Gear and weapons, making sure not to bring to much from Alicante in case he decided life in America wasn't for him which meant leaving a lot of his personal effects behind.

"To a new life" He said opening one of the suitcases and picked out a bottle of malt whisky which of course shared no label and had been given to him by his father before he passed into the other realm. Gabriel was one of two Shadowhunters that he knew of that went by the Name of Goldhawk. The other being his sister Alice. She was to stay in Alicante until he could find them a place to live and Gabriel some contacts. He had asked for a place to stay within the institute until then.

Pouring himself a double whisky into a glass he had found upturned above the mantle piece and cleaned with his glove he sipped gently, one hand in his jeans back pocket as he did. Pacing slowly round the room he found himself overlooking the Institutes front gate and sighed, 'what a miserable place to live.' He thought perhaps what people had told him about the 'Big Apple' were over exaggerated and other than his Sister Gabe didn't have anyone he could call family, not even a parabatai to consider living with.

Placing the glass gently onto the fireplace he began searching through the room, shadowhunters always left things behind or at least he was told. This wasn't the case for his room it looked neutral in every way nothing showing whether it used to be a females room or a males or even someone else's altogether.

Sometime later...

Unpacking didn't take that long considering most of his belongings remained in Alicante. He had hung up his gear and folded away anything there was left into the drawers. He had also placed the bottle of malt whisky on top of the fireplace which was now burning. A gentle tap came at the door catching Gabe of guard as he knocked a seraph blade from his desk which narrowly missed his right foot. "By the Angel!" He said turning to the door "Yes?" He said straightening himself out as he tugged the blade out form the floorboard.

(OOC: Anyone feel free to jump in!)

Last edited by GabrielGoldhawk on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celia Shades

Celia Shades

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Celia had been walking around she had nothing to do this fine day so when she saw someone new she ran so quickly past everyone. A lot of people looked at her like she was crazy. She never ran this fast unless she was in battle or messing with her brother. She knocked softly on the door hearing a crash she opened the door. "Um Ello. My names Celia. I just wanted to sorta like ya know welcome you" She gave a small smile to the new man she didnt know who he was or what he was like but he seemed nice enough....

The browned haired girl smiled at him and walked in she had been her for so long it had been so long since anyone new has showed up. She leaned against the wall this room was by far nicer then her own then again it was messy from mostly sitting in it all the time and messing around in it. "Im sorry I must seem like a little child to you for being so hyper and simply acting like one" Her soft voice seem to come out even softer as her brown eyes wandered the room. She looked at the blade laying on the ground she didnt dare go for it. It was not hers to touch. She looked back up at the man and gave a tiny smile. "May I ask your name?"
Back to top Go down
GabrielGoldhawk

GabrielGoldhawk

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Gabriel looked up at the door from his bent over posture as he pride free his Sreaph blade 'Azul from the wooden floor board. Standing up right he placed the blade back down on the fireplace behind him and turned to face the girl once more with a smile. "My name is Gabriel Goldhawk" He said pleasantly, his voice soft and full of kindness. Gabe studied the woman standing infront of him. She was smaller and shorter than he was and had brown hair, her eyes blue."And most shadowhunters are naturally hyperactive, its in our blood to move, run as fast as we can and do thing's differently to mundanes, so some of their words have lost their meaning really" He paused for a moment before picking up his words as he closed the gap between  them and wondered to offer the lady a seat somewhere, since he had only one chair it was something on his agenda to attain at least one more but also had planned to take a walk around the institute to familiarise himself to the grounds.  "And by any means you're brightening up this very, very dull room" He used his hand to exaggerate his words by thrusting it around the room as if to direct her view.
Back to top Go down
Celia Shades

Celia Shades

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:06 am

Celia smiled a bit more and gasped a bit when he came closer to her. He was by far older then her she could tell but just looking at him and he was very taller then she was. She looked down and then smiled when he said she made the room less dull. "Thank you" She said and looked around the room. It was diffrent to be in someone elses room other than her own or her brothers. She smiled again at him as she looked around it was different to talk to someone she didn't know. "So where did you live before here?"
Back to top Go down
GabrielGoldhawk

GabrielGoldhawk

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 am

Gabe thought about the question, though it did not need much "Before moving here I lived in our family residence in Idris with my Sister Alice" He explained smiling, and wondering how Alice was doing. He had left her to find them a new start here in New York and was surprised his sister hand't tried following him as soon as he left. "And yourself? Have you always lived here at the institute?"
Back to top Go down
Celia Shades

Celia Shades

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:39 am

Celia smiled that was where she was born but she ran from there so long ago she sighed. "Ya pretty much iv been here since i was about 6 or 7" She ran a hand though her hair sighing.
Back to top Go down
GabrielGoldhawk

GabrielGoldhawk

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:45 am

Gabriel nodded to her words, watching as she smoothed her hair with her hand "I was just about to go and familiarise myself with the grounds, since you've been here a while would you be as kind to give me a tour?" He asked bringing his left arm up to his right and held it there. "Don't feel as if you need to however, if you have anything you need to do which is more important." Gabe added quickly.
Back to top Go down
Celia Shades

Celia Shades

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:49 am

Celia smiled and nodded. "I can give you a tour" She said she slowly stood up more letting her hands go in her jean pockets before turning to walk around of his room and start this tour. She had never shown people around before it was normally one of the older people who did it because she was to shy.
Back to top Go down
GabrielGoldhawk

GabrielGoldhawk

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 am

Gabe smiled as he picked up his stride to stand walk along side her after having to close the door, not locking it trusting his fellow shadowhunter's. "So how many years have you been here?" He asked curiously wanting to know as much about the institute he could before having Alice join him here.
Back to top Go down
Celia Shades

Celia Shades

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:54 am

Celia smiled and started walking down the halls that she knew by heart. "About 11 years now i guess im 17 and iv been her since i was about 6 so ya" She shrugged like it was nothing any time she told someone this they always said it was so long but it wasn't to her.
Back to top Go down
GabrielGoldhawk

GabrielGoldhawk

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:07 am

"You'll be coming of age soon then" Gabriel stated at her age, shadowhunters lived less and therefore everything was done faster than Mundanes. Eighteen year olds would be able to attend council meetings and live outside of the protection from the institutes and Idris. "Are you going to be staying here or do something different? By any rights you will be paid by the Clave and be able to go where you want" Gabe was twenty and had not found a parabatai and was actually old for a shadowhunter with no wife and children to carry on his families name.
Back to top Go down
Celia Shades

Celia Shades

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 am

Celia nodded she liked it here she liked growing up here. The Institute was her home she grew up here. She didnt want to go to meetings or get married she just wanted to stay here and help her brother. "Ill most likely stay here and help my brother. He can fight he just cant plan like i can"
Back to top Go down
JennyMatrix

JennyMatrix

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Abby walked over to the wall in the training and took one of the swords she liked to use. She pointed it towards test dummy. "We will commence with our sparring," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humble Beginnings (OPEN)   Humble Beginnings (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Humble Beginnings (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1