Angel Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''You'll learn. It's in your blood.'' Jace Wayland, City of Bones

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When It Rains It Pours

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasper

Jasper

When It Rains It Pours Empty
PostSubject: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Click-click, click-click. That was the sound of Jasper flicking his lighter opened and closed as he sat in the back of the taxi. He stared out the window looking at the dismal New York sky. It was just as he recalled it the day he left three months ago, grey and raining. He didn't think he'd be this used to it after spending the past three months in Spain. It rained like once there he thought to himsef still flicking his lighter opened and closed. Then again he had lived in New York half his life, of course he'd be used to the rain. He never thought he'd ever come back here, but as much as he hated to admit it he loved the city. It WAS his home of homes. Even more so than Idris. He was so lost in thought that he barely heard the taxi driver tell him he had arrived at his destination. Jasper closed his lighter and shoved it into his pocket. He handed the cab driver a twentey and told him to keep the change. He grabbed his backpack and stepped out into the pouring rain. It only took a few moments until he could feel the rain soaking his skin as well as his hair. He looked down and laughed to himself. He forgot he'd only brought a few items of clothes with him because he had to sell most of his stuff to get a plane ticket back to New York. He was wearing what was now a water soaked black long sleeved shirt with three buttons at the collar, two of which were opened revealing some of his marks. He was also wearing dark blue jeans and a pair of mundane black Adidas. After the moment of self evaluation he walked up toward the doors of the institute. He couldn't help thinking about the bad memories he had in New York. Mainly about his parents deaths. The thought stuck in his head as he reached the door. Jasper sighed and rang the summoning bell. He took a step back from the door and waited for someone to answer as the rain pounded against him.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Oliver let out an annoyed huff as shadows obscured the text on the page in front of him. The library had grown dark as the overcast sky turned black, rain pouring down onto the streets outside filling the vast room with eerie oblong shadows that gave the room an appearance of a old black and white horror movie. Snapping shut the old leather-bound copy of poems by Edgar Allen Poe; he stared at the cover with a contented look. He had always been fond of morbid Mundane poetry. It seemed odd to him that Mundanes could be so filled with sorrow when they lived such a sheltered life, unaware of the dangers that stalked them in the night. The dangers that his kind risked their lives to destroy. Though regardless of his blissful ignorance, Oliver had always felt a kinship with Poe and thought of him fondly.
In any case it was a pleasant distraction from the teary eyed girl he had met last night. He felt foolish for being so open with her and vowed never to let it happen again. Though try as he may, he couldn’t rid himself of that electric shock he felt when his fingers had brushed her tear stained cheek… ignoring the sudden urge to toss the book across the room, he set it down on the couch beside him with a thud.

His brain had just begun to spin with the creative ways he could get himself into trouble when the sound of the summoning bell rang through his thoughts. Hopping to his feet he welcomed the distraction, as he wove his way through the corridors to the entry way. Upon opening the door, he let his gaze fall on the soaking boy in front of him. The boy was slight, his hair stuck to his forehead from the rain. He was the kind of boy Oliver would describe as ‘pretty’ and he couldn’t wait to discover what makes this boy tick.
“You’re all wet.” He observed flatly, stating the obvious with a smirk. Enjoying the power of being the obstacle that stood in the way of this soaking boy and the shelter that lay beyond him.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Jasper stood in the rain hoping someone was here to let him in. Getting stuck outside in the rain wasn't his idea of a welcome back to the city that never sleeps. He let out a heavy sigh as the rain pelted every inch of his body. If my lighter doesn't work anymore I'm going to be so mad he thought to himself absentmindedly trying to ignore the thoughts of his past here in New York. It all started flashing back to him the longer he waited. His parents leaving for the raid; not returning; getting called into the library and being told they'd been killed. He remembered running up to the roof as he tried to hold back his tears. He remembered punching one of the stone pillars on the roof till his hands were covered in blood. Then there was his dealings with Russel. At the thought of the boys name Jasper's hand reflexively went to the scar on the back of his neck but quickly fell back to his side. He tried his best to not notice the scar so he hated when he had the urge to touch the skin that had been oddly warped back together without an iratze. I don't know how the mundanes do it all the time, it's rather annoying he thought after he dropped his hand.

He was still lost in thought when he heard the door open. He looked up away from the ground to get a look at who opened the door from behind his soaked hair. He saw a boy almost as tall as himself, only a few inches shorter. The boy was athletic looking, though Jasper couldn't make out much with the rain still attacking his face like a million little knives. He did notice the flash of green eyes beneath the boys dark shaggy hair.
"You're all wet." Jasper heard the boy say with no real emotion in his voice. If it wasn't for the smirk Jasper would have thought this kid was already trying to pick a fight. He moved his soaked hair out of his blue eyes for a moment and replied, "Really? I hadn't noticed. It actually felt rather hot out here." Sarcasm coated his voice. He returned a smirk of his own and added, "I'm Jasper Knight. The new uhh..well roomate I guess. Can I come in or are you going to make me beg? Maybe answer a series of questions like a game show?" His smirk grew a little wider as he stood waiting for the boys reaction.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Oliver eyed the boy with a light glimmer of approval in his green eyes as his smirk widened at the boys sarcasm. It was always nice to have someone to keep him on his toes. Crossing his arms over his chest, he leaned against the door frame, studiously blocking the path to shelter. There was something about the kid Oliver already liked, this being a rare occurrence. He seemed, in a way, genuine. As if he didn’t have anything to hide, though he was never one to give some one approval so quickly.
“Begging would due. No, less of begging and more like groveling. I believe the name King Oliver needs to be thrown in there somewhere.”
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Jasper watched as the boy moved to block the way into the institute. He watched as the boy's smirk grew wider, and then the boy replied, “Begging would due. No, less of begging and more like groveling. I believe the name King Oliver needs to be thrown in there somewhere.”
He wanted to laugh but knew that's what this boy, who's name he found out was Oliver, wanted. So supressing the urge to laugh he stared at Oliver and said, "Well I'm not one to beg so I'm going to have to disappoint you there Mr. Oliver." He grinned and then added, "If you don't move, I'm just going to have to go through you aren't I?" Jasper could tell that with the amount of sarcasm radiating from Oliver that he was the type of person who loved a challange, so why not give him one Jasper thought to himself.

He decided not to give Oliver to much time. He watched as the boy pondered his offer and while he was pondering, Jasper went for it, full on sprint running right at Oliver, still wearing an impish grin.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Oliver made a mock look of disappointment but didn’t move. He let his gaze flick over the boy, watching him make the decision to act. As the boy came at him, Oliver moved, crouching down to catch the boys legs as he tried to move past him. Though as the boy came in so did a wide puddle of rain, making the stone floor slick. As Oliver went to flip Jasper over his shoulder, his feet slipped out from under him, sending the two boys tumbling to the ground. Landing in a wet heap on the stone floor, Oliver let out a laugh.
“So since the begging didn’t work, how ‘bout a question? You wouldn’t happen to have any booze would you?”
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Jasper wasn't running his fastest, not with the short space he had to gather speed. But being Nephilim he was faster than mundanes so this speed was probably as fast as an average mundane running. At any rate he felt himself collide with Oliver. He felt Oliver wrap his arms around his legs and was bracing himself to be flipped, but out of nowhere Oliver's feet gave way and they both fell to the floor. Jasper looked up to see a huge puddle of water where Oliver was standing. He figured it was the cause of both of them ending up on their asses. As he sat up and looked at the other boy he heard him let out a laugh and say, “So since the begging didn’t work, how ‘bout a question? You wouldn’t happen to have any booze would you?” My kinda guy Jasper thought laughing. He shook his hair out sending water flying in all directions. "Unfortunately I do not. Wouldn't exactly let me bring that on a plane would they?" He said jokingly. Suddenly Jasper was reminded of his dad's lighter in his pocket and reached to pull it out. It was soaking wet like his whole body, but he opened it attempting to light it, to his surprise it did. He looked back up at Oliver and said, "You wouldn't happen to have a cigarette would you? I'm freezing." He hadn't realized it until now that he was cold. His time standing out in the rain finally taking its toll.
He sighed and reluctantly opened his backpack to feel his clothes. Surpsingly they were dry. Jasper looked back to Oliver again and added, "And you wouldn't happen to know which room is mine would you?"
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Not bothering to get to his feet, Oliver ran a hand trough his dark hair; it’s now soaking strands beginning to curl at his temples. “Damn.” He huffed, this time not faking his disappointment.
“Guess we’re just going to have to raid the kitchen. They have to have something here.” Getting to his feet, he glanced down with an amused smirk at his dampened jeans. Passing on all the dirty jokes that ran through his head about the boy getting him wet, he offered him a hand.
“And of course I have cigarettes, what do you take me as? A non-smoker?” He gave Jasper an incredulous look. After swinging the heavy door shut behind them, he gestured for him to follow as he led the way down the hall.
“Hell if I know, I just got here last night.” Making his way to his room, he kicked the door open carelessly and moved to dig his pack out of his backpack.
“Cowboy killers.” He smirked, tossing him the pack of Marlboro Reds.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 pm

“Guess we’re just going to have to raid the kitchen. They have to have something here.” Jasper grinned again at this statement. He was quickly liking his decision to come back to New York. Oliver seemed like a cool guy and to be honest Jasper's time in Spain was lonely. He didn't speak spanish and that's really all the kids there ever spoke. So he kept to himself in his room a lot. Jasper took Oliver's hand as he got up and followed him to his room laughing when Oliver said, “And of course I have cigarettes, what do you take me as? A non-smoker?” As for the room it looked like Jasper was on his own with that. He looked down the hall and saw a few doors he'd try. He was taken out of his thoughts of finding a room when Oliver said, "Cowboy killers.” He caught the pack of Marlboro Reds and returned a grin, "I admire your taste. If you're a whiskey fan I dare say we're going to be good friends. You should feel honored, I rarely make that assumption." He hit the pack of cigarettes against his leg a few times then opened it and grabbed one placing it behind his ear. He tossed the pack back to Oliver and said, "I'm going to go snag a room and change. I'll meet you back here in ten." With that he turned and headed down the hall.

Jasper was six doors away from Oliver's room when he found an empty room. He opened the door, walked in and closed it behind him. The room looked very plain with a huge bed in the center of the room that was found in all institute rooms here. He looked and saw the night table, the wardrobe on the far wall and the window that looked out on the city. He took it all in quickly then tossed his backpack on the ground and pulled out a pair of black jeans, and another long sleeved shirt, this one was a plain grey shirt. He changed everything and shook out his hair one last time, grabbing the cigarette making sure it didn't go flying. Finally he was slipping on his other pair of black Adidas he had in his bag and stopped to look into the mirror. His hair was still soaked but at least he was dry. He thought what his mother would say at the sight of him "someone needs a haircut" she would say in a loving tone. Tears formed on the back ofhis eyes but he quickly held them shut lighting his cigarette. I hope they don't care about smoking in the institute, cause I'm not going back out into the rain he thought, looking up as he heard a door open.

Last edited by Jasper on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:01 pm

The side of Olivers’ lips quirked up in a smile. “A fan of whiskey seems so…. Unloving. I’d say that I’m rather… eternally betrothed to the stuff? Yeah, that sounds better.” Giving Jasper an indifferent nod as he left the room, the boy pulled a stoge from the pack and lit it with the damp matched from his pocket, not giving even a sparing thought as to whether smoking was allowed in the stone walls. He never was one for following rules anyway. Flopping backwards onto his bed, he formed his lips into an “O” as he puffed out a trail of perfectly formed smoke ring. Nothing like a cigarette after rolling around in a puddle of water with a stranger, he thought with a smirk as he spared a glance down at his damp pants.
After a moment or two Oliver got to his feet, the silence that Jasper left behind him making him antsy. He always hated silence, reminding him of the times his father would lock him in a dark room so he could “think about what he had done”, He shivered at the memory. Indeed silence did make him think, think about his mother, think about the sad eyed girl, her arms marked with mourning runes…
“By the Angel you’re ridiculous.” He spat at himself out loud. Cigarette in hand, he trudged out of the room, kicking the slightly ajar door that he figured Jasper had claimed but not going in.
“I’m going to start tearing apart the kitchen. Come help me when you’re done admiring yourself in the mirror.” He called into the room before making his way to the kitchen to start his search.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 pm

“I’m going to start tearing apart the kitchen. Come help me when you’re done admiring yourself in the mirror.” Jasper heard Oliver call as he left his room. "I'..I'll be right there." Jasper called back, he tried to make his voice steady but felt it shake a little. "Damnit, c'mon you just got here don't go acting like a pansy now." He muttered to himself in the mirror. He took a hit of his cigarette and let the smoke tumble from his mouth, and then quickly disperse into nothingness. Jasper took a deep breath and sighed, with one last shake of his hair to get a bit more of the water out of it he turned and headed for the door.

He closed his bedroom door behind him and took another hit from his cigarette as he walked down the hallway. At least I know where everything is here Jasper thought to himself walking toward the kitchen. As he was walking he heard something behind him. He stopped and so did the noise. He took another step and heard the noise again. At this he whirled around and to his surprise he saw a dog. Very adorable looking creature, black and white fur and warm brown eyes. He was used to seeing cats around but never dogs. "Come here doggy." Jasper said in a soft tone so not to scare the dog. The dog wagged it's tail and walked to him quickly. Jasper patted the dog on the head and smiled. "Let's go see what trouble Oliver is causing in the kitchen." he said heading down the hall to the kitchen with the dog at his side.

Jasper opened the ajar kitchen door and saw Oliver scrambling around opening cabinet upon cabinet with no luck. "Hey Oliver, look what decided to follow me here." He said indicating the dog at his side. He took the final drag of his cigarette and walked to the sink throwing the butt down the garbage disposal. He looked back at Oliver, grinning as the look of frustration made it's way onto his face. He laughed and said, " Try the cabinet with the carvings in it. That's where they used to keep the alcohol when I stayed here."
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

By the time Jasper had made his way into the kitchen, Oliver was already thoroughly annoyed. He waved off the other boys excitement over his furry find mumbling a hello to the dog into one of the open cabinets. At Jaspers suggestion, he turned to shoot the boy a curious look, making a note to ask him about his prior residence here once he was good and inebriated. Locating the suggested door, he swung it open and let out a sigh of relief to find multiple dark bottles.
“Wine.” He growled, wrinkling his nose for a moment before pulling down two bottles.
“That will have to do.” Without checking to see if the other boy was paying attention, he lightly tossed one of the closed bottles in his direction, confident enough in the boys reflexes that he just assumed he would catch it. Grabbing a thin knife off of the knife rack, he utilized his own skills and pulled the cork from his own bottle before taking a long pull from the red liquid. He could feel the wine trickle down his throat, warming his insides as he went. The beginning of the sweet escape.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Jasper caught the bottle Oliver through too him and looked at it. Hmm I think this wine has been here since I left he thought turning the bottle over in his hand. After Oliver put the knife down Jasper picked it up and popped the cork out and took a swig. It tasted smooth which surprised Jasper he wasn't really a wine person. That was always his fathers choice of drink. At that thought Jasper couldn't help but think back to memories of his parents yet again. Jasper recalled his father in this very kitchen with him, the pair laughing quietly as Jasper's father carved at the time what looked like random letters put together. Looking at the cabinet now Jasper realized it said "Dictum" which in Latin meant alcohol. He smiled a little at his dad's kiddish ways. He felt like such a whimp. It had been three years he didn't think living in New York would hit him this hard but it did. It hit him like a freight train right in the gut. A wave of sadness rushed over his face but he quickly masked it, hoping Oliver hadn't noticed. He took another swig and then trying to distract from his sadness he said, "Nothing like warm wine. It's not half bad though." Then trying to brighten the mood he added, "We'll definitely stock up on whiskey after tonight." He walked around the island and hopped up to sit on the counter. He noticed Oliver looking at him questioningly. "What?" Jasper asked, " Not a wine fan?"
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:57 pm

“Ugh, no. It reminds me off-“ He was going to say home, thinking of how his father would allow nothing but bitter wine to be served with meals. He couldn’t count all the times as a small child that the stuff had made him sick. Tipping the bottle back, he let the liquid run freely down his throat, draining half of the contents. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he followed suit, jumping up backwards onto the counter across from Jasper, his elbows resting on his knees so he could level his gaze at the other boy.

He had seen the moment of insecurity and sadness pass over Jaspers face, even if it was just for a moment. He would have normally taken this as a sign of weakness and jumped on the chance to torment him. Though something about the other boy reminded him of himself, he felt almost protective over this kid that he had just met, seeing that occasional glint of sadness behind his blue eyes that Oliver himself tried so hard to hide. He cursed himself for being so soft, who would have thought that New York of all places would make him so… caring. He told himself he would have a talk with his reflection about this sudden change of heart later.

He leveled his silvery gaze on the boys face, noticing the slight pink hue that was beginning to dance on the boys cheek bones from the wine, and silently cursed at the fact that his cheeks probably held the same blush.
“So you’ve lived here before huh? Damn, I guess that makes me the only newbie here.”
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Jasper watched as Oliver drained half his bottle of wine. Wanting to keep up Jasper did the same tilting his head back and draining half of what he had left. “So you’ve lived here before huh? Damn, I guess that makes me the only newbie here.” He heard Oliver say as he brought the bottle away from his mouth and looked across at the other boy. If you want to call it living Jasper thought morbidly. He nodded however and said, "Yea. I was born here. I lived here till I was about nine then me and my folks moved to Idris until I was 11. We moved back here the day I turned 12 and then-" He realized he was about to tell the other boy, who he hardly knew, about his family. He diverted that part of the story as best he could, "-Then I left here three months ago to visit Spain for a little and wa lah." He said jesturing to himself sitting on the counter. Immediately he looked away and drained the reaminder of his wine. Letting out a noise of mock disgust he said, "I know they say wine contains more alcohol. But my buzz is so much better with whiskey."

Jasper jumped off the counter and walked to the trash can, kicking it open and tossing the empty bottle into it. He turned back to Oliver and asked, "Where'd you live before coming here?" He was going to ask what brought Oliver here, but didn't want to seem like he was being too nosy.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Oliver continued to chug off of the bottle as Jasper talked. He could feel the warm liquid buzz through his veins though he knew from experience that he would need far more alcohol to achieve the desired state of intoxication. Not bothering to discard the first bottle, he went back to the cabinet and pulled down another one, starting the process over again.
“Any buzz is better than wine. It always makes me too...” He cut off, remembering a scandalous night with a couple of warlock women in San Francisco.
“Nevermind.” He mumbled into the neck of the bottle, with a smirk before his lips pulled down in a small scowl as the other boy mentioned Idris, not sharing the same faithful love for the Shadowhunter home country as the rest of their race.

“Spain huh? How was that? I hearthe underground downworlder scene there is like non other.” He said, a bit of longing in his tone as he started on the new bottle.
“Oh you know, here and there. I go where the party is.” He smirked, sarcasm coloring his tone.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 pm

As Oliver talked Jasper walked and grabbed another bottle as well. When Oliver smirked Jasper couldn't help but smirk. It was like he was being let in on a private joke without actually hearing it. He raised his eyebrow when Oliver said, "Nevermind." but didn't pry. Jasper picked up the knife he had used to open is last bottle, spinning it between his fingers like a drumstick as the other boy asked, "Spain huh? How was that? I hear the underground downworlder scene there is like non other." Still spinning the knife Jasper smirked and said, "It's ok I guess. Kept me busy for three months..." the thought of hunting down the vampire clan one by one crept back into his head as he talked. His smirk turned into a wide grin as he said, "Would you belive downworlder's knew Spanish?" The sarcasm was blown out of his mouth like the smoke from his cigarette. He then stabbed the knife into the cork and pulled it out in one quick motion. He flipped the cork up of the tip of the knife and proceeded to cut it in half. He hadn't played with knives in his few days of traveling, it felt nice. Jasper took a swig of his wine and looked back at Oliver and said jokingly, "Oh yea two guys drinking wine by themselves. You're a real thrill seaker." He grinned again and proceeded to take anther sip of wine.

"I definitely prefer living in New York though. Spain was a nice sort of vacation I guess. And don't get me started on Idris, it's rather boring there. New York is just so full of...life." Jasper felt his voice shake the slightest bit but he kept his cool as the thoughts of his parents funerel filled his head. Ironic he thought to himself as the thoughts popped up when he said "so full of life." He finally added, "But that's just my opinion." before taking another drink of wine and hopping back up on the counter across from Oliver.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm

“No mos pantalones.” Oliver mumbled, speaking the only bit of Spanish he knew with a smirk. He steadied his gaze on the bottle in his hand, watching as he swirled the remaining liquid around before taking a sip. He flashed Jasper a grin at his sarcastic comment.
“Hey, the night is young. You never know what could happen after a few more bottles of wine.” He said, wagging his eyebrows at the other boy suggestively. He watched the other boy as he talked, fascinated by the way different flashes of emotion kept dancing across his features as he spoke, showing the things he wasn’t saying.
“I agree. Up until this point I’ve never stayed here while in the city. Not a fan of staying in the Institutes.” He said, adding the last part as almost an after thought.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Jasper almost spat up from laughter between Oliver's spanish and his suggestive comment, but he forced the wine down and let out a hearty laugh. He took another sip of wine as Oliver went on about not liking staying in the Institutes. "This is my favorite Institute I've been too. I could barely understand anyone in Spain because I didn't bother learning Spanish. But there are reasons I don't like being here either." The words left his mouth before he could stop them. Surprisingly enough to Jasper his emotion didn't change this time, he just happend to blurt out something he hadn't wanted too. Dammit! Way to go you idiot, you know you hate talking about their deaths so why blurt that out Jasper scolded himself as he took another sip of wine. He scrambled for something, anything to change the subject from what he just said, but if he'd learned anything about Oliver in short time they'd known each other it was that he was stubbornly observant and he would most certainly notice that. Then a thought crossed his mind that shocked him. He hadn't had a friend in a while. Last time he was in New York he fought with Russel almost hourly. As for his time in Spain the kids were nice, but he could tell they didn't really want anything to do with him. I have to confide in someone eventually he thought. But even with the thought he went ahead and asked, "Why don't you like staying in the Institutes?"
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Oliver pulled his gaze away from Jasper, refocusing on the liquid in his bottle once again. He was getting annoyed at the unsaid conversation that seemed to be going on in the other boys head. Not annoyed that he wasn’t speaking the words aloud but because of his own unyielding curiosity. Though, as he was not one to share his own secrets, he had no desire to pry into someone else’s. He kept his silvery gaze on the crimson liquid as he spoke, trying to keep the memories from flashing behind his own eyes.
“Never been a fan of spending much time with other Nephilim.” He said flatly, the corners of his lips pulling down in a scowl.
“They’re just not much fun.” He tried to lighten his tone, going for a smile but settling somewhere between a scowl and a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Jasper was still lost in thought as Oliver spoke. He had barely even heard what the other boy had said but he caught it. The dog that had been utterly quiet laying down on the floor in between the boys peered it's eyes at Jasper as if to say "stop groveling to yourself and tell him" he would've laughed at his thought but he was acting before he could do anything else. "My parents died here when I was fourteen." It felt like to waves of emotion were crashing over Jasper at the same time. One was relief that he'd actually told someone about his parents, and the other was embarrassment that he had just blurted out the words. It felt like an eternity was going by after he spoke. All Jasper could do was look at his bottle of wine, as if trying to find a secret message on it or something.

After a few seconds that felt like hours to him Jasper looked up out of the corner of his eye and said, "Go ahead. Call me a girl." He was used to that being the reaction of Russel and his little group he had with him at all times. Always calling him a whiney girl for missing his parents. "Guess it's true, you really do say what you're thinkng when you drink." Was the last thing Jasper said as he sat there still as a statue, waiting for Oliver to judge.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm

“Drunken mind speaks the sober thoughts…” Oliver said, his voice soft as he spoke, not taking his eyes off of the wine. He remained silent for a long moment, playing over the other boys’ words in his head. In any other situation, Oliver would have been annoyed at the words, seeing how Jasper was obviously confiding something painful to him. Though, something about this kid got under his skin, in a strangely good way. He lifted his gaze to settle on the other boys face, reading the obvious reluctance to have shared such an intimate fact about his past. Oliver couldn’t help but let his lips curl up into a reassuring smile, hoping to let the other boy relax.
“So only girls are allowed to feel pain for their lost loved ones?” He took a long sip of his wine before giving an indifferent shrug.
“Guess we’re both a right pair of bitches. That explains the wine I guess. You free to go shopping tomorrow?” He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:42 pm

"Drunken mind speaks the sober thoughts..." These were the words Jasper had been looking for but couldn't find. He sighed deeply waiting for the boys criticizms but then when Oliver said, "So only girls are allowed to feel pain for their lost loved ones?" He couldn't help but smirking a tiny bit. He had to admit though, it was nice having finally said it out loud to somebody. Jasper took a sip of wine, bring the level of this bottle down to one last sip when Olver spoke again, "Guess we’re both a right pair of bitches. That explains the wine I guess. You free to go shopping tomorrow?” Jasper looked up at the other boy smiling and couldn't help but smile back. "As long as we can go shopping for knives. I need some to kill things with. Especially vampires." He spat the last word out like it was something bad he ate. Presuming to drain the rest of his wine Jasper looked up and said, "In all seriousness though, I'd appreciate it if we kept that between us. I don't like telling people about it, and to be honest it's one of the few things that makes me mad when people bad talk my parents. They're...they were good people." When he spoke it wasn't with hurt, or anger, or pain in his voice. Instead he spoke with trust. He was choosing to trust Oliver, a boy he'd just met only two hours ago, more than he'd ever trusted anyone in his life. Surprisingly enough though, Jasper was happy with the decision he made.
Back to top Go down
King Oliver

King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 pm

“Knives? How manly of you. No, we will shop for shoes and matching handbags.” Oliver declared, giving an over dramatically feminine wave in Jaspers direction. He too finished off the last of his wine, his head spinning pleasantly now. He jumped down from the counter and stretched like a cat, his long arms stretching up towards the sky. Grabbing his pack from the counter, he stuck another cigarette between his lips and lit it with a satisfied sigh. There was nothing better than the first smoke after drinking, always seeing to enhance the pre existing buzz that warmed his body. He exhaled through smirking lips before rolling his eyes at the other boy and tossing him the pack. “I will have to refrain from sharing the gossip with my knitting club.”
Back to top Go down
Jasper

Jasper

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Jasper couldn't help but laugh at the handbags comment, it was really the dramatic wave that he found hilarious. He watched as Oliver drained his wine and took out a cigarette. It's like he read my mind Jasper though to himself, just as the thought crossed his mind he saw Oliver roll his eyes in a "don't get to soft on me" sort of way before tossing him the pack of cigarettes. Reaching out his hand Jasper caught the pack as the other boy said, "I will have to refrain from sharing the gossip with my knitting club." Jasper smirked took out a cigarette, placed it in his mouth, and tossed the pack back at Oliver with a little more force than needed. Searching his left pocket Jasper's hand emerged with his lighter. As he flicked it open lighting his cigerette he said, "Oh you knit?!..." pausing only to exahale a nice cloud of smoke, allowing him to grin wider he added, "That's perfect now I don't have to buy a jacket. I can have one knitted for me." Grinning wider as Oliver's eyes narrowed he took another long drag then said, "Do you deliver? I'm only six doors down the hall, it would save me a nice trip." Finishing his cigarette and shoving it down the garbage disposal again he looked back to Oliver and said, "Well now that I successfully bored you with my depression, shall we go endanger our drunken selves with sharp objects in the weapons room?" Leaping from the counter he gave a mock curtsey and headed off for the weapons room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When It Rains It Pours   When It Rains It Pours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When It Rains It Pours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Angel Blood :: In the City :: The Institute-
Jump to: